Many small business owners face the problem of how to establish an online presence. Even established businesses in the offline world are not being found on the internet.
Here are 5 ways you can get your local business online quickly.
1. Clean up your website and add a blog to it. When I say clean up your website I mean take a look at it from a SEO standpoint.
Your meta tags should include the keywords you want people to find you online for. If you are a Denver Plumber that phrase should be in your title, description and keywords.
Also look at how professional your site is. If it looks like a 2nd grader installed it for you invest some money and have a professional re-do it.
2. Start doing some pay per click advertising. Before you attempt to do this take some time and learn about ppc advertising.
This is the fastest way to get your business online where people can find it, but it can be expensive if you are not careful. Payperclicksearchengines.com is a good website to learn more about ppc. Plus you can find some very good bid prices per keyword on lesser know search engines.
3. For free promotion tactics article marketing is a good place to begin. Writing and submitting articles to the top article directories will help you get some backlinks.
Article marketing is also good for search engine love. Search engines will rank your articles high for targeted keyword phrases which helps get more traffic.
4. Hire a blog writer for $4-$5 an article to write and bookmark articles for you. This is another way to get the search engines attention. Plus when you bookmark your blog posts you have more chances for traffic to your blog and website.
5. Create and publish videos offering helpful tips on things that relate to the theme of your business. If you are a Denver Plumber you might create videos for the do it yourself home owner.
Taking this approach will get your videos ranked highly for targeted keywords as well. Every video you should include your website url so people can learn more about you in case they do not want to do it themselves.
In summary these are five ways to get your local business online faster. None of these have to take real long to do on a daily basis, but the payback is unbelievable. As a local business owner people will be searching for you on the Internet and it is up to you to be there when they need you.